OWN YOUR LIFE
OWN YOUR CAREER
OWN YOUR FIRM
Sparks Grove is an experience design firm and a division of management consulting firm North Highland. We help our clients design and build experiences that solve business challenges. We believe every business challenge is ultimately a human one. And that a great experience, one that simply connects to a person’s reason, emotion, and purpose, will reward a smart brand. We root our experiences in sound strategy and insights. We design them to be beautiful and inspiring. We execute them across digital, environmental, transactional, and communication platforms.
Our firm is staffed with an intentional diversity – of people, experiences, and roles. We collaborate and iterate against big problems with creative thinking, planning, and execution. We work with our clients, not for them. We are here for their long-term benefit.
We want this to be an engaging, challenging, and rewarding place to grow in your career. We are all responsible to each other to make it so.
Sparks Grove is looking for an ambitious individual to join our growing Futures practice. Although you will be focused on helping clients imagine futures and making it practical for them, this is not a cookie cutter role. We need you to be a leader and a team player, collaborating with strategy, user experience, creative and technology folks and – most importantly – our clients, to create some amazing work. You’ll work across all mediums. Every day is different and you’ll have to get comfortable with being slightly uncomfortable.
- Lead and/or support future visioning and innovation engagements across range of industries and project types for Fortune 500 clients
- Partner with clients to uncover business needs and objectives, craft appropriate strategies and identify/implement efforts to help achieve client goals
- Design and conduct research, workshop facilitation, creative visioning, ideation, concepting and strategic planning for projects with partnership/oversight from the Futures practice lead
- Manage cross-functional project teams (strategy, insights, design, technology) and partners to deliver top quality strategic outputs
- Determine when and how to use different strategic foresight methodologies
- Able to quickly synthesize multiple sources and continually scan for emerging trend / weak signal in order to identify drivers of change and the appropriate strategic themes and frameworks for clients
- Develop and articulate alternative scenarios and narratives based upon all appropriate inputs
- Build innovation strategies and project narratives to sell through concepts and solutions
- Monitor the external environment to gain deep expertise in foresight techniques, information sources, vendors and bring those forward to the organization
- Act as day-to-day client lead
- Lead client presentations and facilitate workshops, instill client confidence and manage expectations according to project scope
- Contribute to the formal development of Futures practice tools, methodologies and applications
- Collaborate with senior leadership on project design and proposal development
- Assume responsibility for all aspects of the project life cycle as needed including: project proposals and business cases; charters, plans, resourcing, and budgets; financial reporting, status reports; issue management and risk mitigation; communication plans; delivery and project close out
- 6+ years experience
- Some travel may be required
- Bachelor’s degree required. Masters in strategic foresight, innovation and/or design strategy (or design thinking) or closely related fields preferred.
Desired Skills / Experience
- 2+ years in consulting or related role, in a professional services environment
- 3-5 years in futures work which can be substituted with specialized studies in this area (i.e. a certificate or a degree). Additional experience in innovation, insights, customer experience, digital strategy and marketing a plus.
- Conversant in the principles and practices of user-centered design
- A demonstrated ability to partner, collaborate with and lead a diverse range of resources and personalities with distinct perspectives
- Strong critical thinking and creative skills with a passion for ambiguity and complex problem solving and translating vague information into tangible results
- Strong strategic aptitude, with an expertise in several core industries or strategic disciplines
- A passion for innovation, design and technology
- Strong presentation development and storytelling skills
- Strong project management skills to include planning, prioritizing and organizational skills are required
- Expert knowledge / understanding of foresight methodologies and techniques and how these are applied to make business decisions, required
- Strong facilitation, team building and relationship management skills
- A demonstrated ability to partner with clients to uncover business needs and objectives, craft appropriate strategies and identify/implement efforts to help achieve client goals
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic work environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a positive attitude and a sense of humor
- Ability to travel up to 50%
The Important Details
With the right team we can solve any marketing challenge. We intentionally attract and recruit people with diverse talents and experiences. We then unite our team around shared values and a passion for solving complex problems. This passion extends to all that we do – personally, professionally and in the communities in which we live.
Sparks Grove is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.