|Consultant - Creative Consulting|
Sparks Grove UK, based in Holborn, London, is on the hunt for a bright, capable consultant. We’re looking for someone who can work with clients as part of small dynamic project teams, with a focus on building creative, innovative and beautiful solutions to solve tough client problems.
Why is this role important?
As a small team, Sparks Grove UK is all about our people. You won’t be a cog in a machine or a faceless number. This role will allow you to shape our work, teams, process, and client relationships.
You’ll typically work as part of compact project teams, helping to solve business problems using creativity and design thinking. We’ll expect you to model our values & behaviours and develop junior members of the team both on and off client projects. You will help grow the Creative practice within the wider Experience Design community, coming up with new ideas and approaches.
As with any sensible consulting organisation, we don’t believe in forcing people into a specific job function. Instead, you’ll gradually shape your role in the team based on your own interests and experience, as well as those of your team members. Consider this as a starting point.
• Design innovative solutions with our clients. You’ll facilitate business discussions, build relationships and credibility while working to understand the challenges they’re facing. After pinning down exactly what they need, you’ll work with your team to build high-quality solutions that solve problems (and look great doing it!).What can we offer you?
• Use your wit and communication skills to engage people. A good chunk of what we do is around finding ways to build more human connections in organisations. That might mean facilitating client meetings and workshops, shifting organisational cultures or using traditional and non-traditional communications channels to reach out and connect with people.
• Grow yourself and others. We love what we do here at Sparks Grove. You will too; so much so that you’re going to spend time proactively pursuing opportunities to extend your responsibilities and developing yourself, both on client projects and internal initiatives. That might mean learning new technical skills to complete a passion project, or challenging yourself to step outside your comfort zone and take on new responsibilities. You’ll naturally seek and share knowledge with clients, peers and team members.
Sparks Grove is a bunch of bright, capable, curious people, working together find better ways for organisations and people to interact. As with any small team, we’re more of a family than a business. That means we expect a lot, and look out for each other. We make sure everyone is kitted out with a robust coaching, mentoring and support system, and we build deliberate moments throughout the week for our community to pause, create, and share.
We encourage our people to bring their whole selves to work, focus on building a positive work-life balance, and keep their passion alive through passion projects and side hustle.
Our ideal candidate will have:
• At least two years experience in a management consulting or business consultancy role. Most of our people come from a consulting background, and use solid consulting fundamentals to move through organisations smoothly, drive for results and make ideas stick in the real world. Bonus points if you’ve got experience working in change, communications, transformation or strategy work.
• Outstanding communications skills. You’re an exceptional storyteller, with the fluency and confidence to inspire teammates and clients with your words. You have clear points- of-view, and are comfortable articulating these to clients and colleagues.
• Serious problem solving skills. You get excited by complex problems, and love picking them apart, understanding them and breaking them down into simple chunks, before taking a human-centric approach to solution design
• Design process experience: You feel comfortable in all phases of a design project, from translating verbal ideas into visual concepts and prototypes, to developing and refining a design deliverable.
• Creativity. Obviously. It’s in the job title. But that doesn’t mean you’re a graphic designer, or you can draw (though that’s always a plus!) You're flexible and open-minded, using both sides of your brain to understand and communicate information in original and exciting ways. You love coming up with new and exciting ways to help our clients.
• You’ve got visual design experience: You can produce clear and compelling visual communication, with proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop etc.), but you’re not a snob; you know your way around a PowerPoint too.. You’ve got a good understanding of the principles of design, colour and typography, what works and what doesn’t, and you’ve got a thirst to develop these skills further in your work.
A little more about us:
Sparks Grove is an experience design firm and a division of management consulting firm North Highland. We help businesses and institutions connect with people, creating experiences that matter and building things people love to use. Although we’re small in the UK, our client list is the envy of the marketplace, giving our people the opportunity to make a difference to some seriously big brands.
Sparks Grove is well established in the US, and last year we opened our first office in the UK.
Our home in Holborn Circus is open, energetic and fast growing. There’s great coffee, free pick and mix, a growing library, digital and analogue labs and a vibrant mix of people, societies between both Sparks Grove and North Highland.
Please click apply and submit your CV and a link to your portfolio. If you are unable to send a link but do have a portfolio, please let us know!
Sparks Grove is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.