CELEBRATE YOUR PERSONALITY AND TEAM SPIRIT.
GROW THROUGH YOUR CHOICES.
MAKE YOUR MARK.
North Highland has a mantra: Unleash Potential Together. For our clients, it means we challenge thinking and build capabilities, so that after each engagement, they are left stronger and inspired to do more. With our colleagues, it means fostering an environment where bringing, shaping, growing and sharing ideas isn’t just encouraged—it’s expected. And within our communities, it means we give of our skills, time and passion to make them more prosperous.
Senior Manager / Senior Solution Architect
Why we love our firm
- Interesting technical challenges primarily in new, custom development
- Working with large clients and large budgets
- Wide variety of stacks and challenges ... comes with consulting projects
- Stability of a large company combined with direct impact on clients and solutions.
- Collaboration with diverse teams, e.g. UX, Data & Analytics, and Strategy
- Flexible PTO program
What you will do
Help lead the Application Engineering team (part of the Technology capability) through:
- Delivering effective solutions to our clients
- Developing relationships with portfolio accounts primarily in the Atlanta market (this role is involved at the beginning stages of the sales cycle through to delivery)
- Mentoring team members to become great technologists
- Working to identify and clarify digital application-related challenges with clients and multi-disciplinary consulting teams
- Creating, estimating, scoping and presenting application technology solutions
- Designing and proving application technology solutions, architectures, and development approaches
- Leading application development work and teams
- Advance research and development of new application technologies
Required skills and background
- 10+ years of experience in application architecture, development, and deployment
- Experience with Java back-end
- Ability to install and use application databases, e.g. MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL
- Experience leading large projects while giving oversight and support to the development team
- Understanding of agile and continuous delivery techniques, esp. DevOps
- Ability to travel (as needed)
Additional skills that are a bonus
North Highland is a global management consulting firm known for helping clients solve their most complex challenges related to customer experience, performance improvement, technology and digital, and transformation. We add value and support our clients across the full spectrum of consulting, from strategy through delivery. We bring the big ideas, then we make them real. North Highland is an employee-owned firm, headquartered in Atlanta, GA, with more than 3,000 consultants worldwide and 60+ offices around the globe. The firm is a member of Cordence Worldwide (www.cordenceworldwide.com), a global management consulting alliance. For more information, visit northhighland.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
- Experience with server management, virtualization, and automation tools like Docker, Chef, Puppet, and Ansible
- Experience with cloud providers, including PaaS, e.g. Heroku
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools and technology like Jenkins, Selenium, etc.
- Enterprise experience – leading the tech part of $1MM + projects
- Consulting and client service experience
- Sales experience, specifically solution engineering, estimating, and proposal writing
North Highland is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Work Address: 3333 Piedmont Road NE, Suite 1000, Atlanta, GA 30305