|Manager - Customer Experience / Service Design|
CELEBRATE YOUR PERSONALITY AND TEAM SPIRIT.
GROW THROUGH YOUR CHOICES.
MAKE YOUR MARK.
Sparks Grove is an experience design firm and a division of management consulting firm North Highland. We help businesses with their challenges, by creating experiences that matter and building things people love to use. We could be working anywhere from a huge corporate IT department, to the head of marketing at a startup, doing anything from designing a new customer journey to building a new website.
Sparks Grove is well established in the US, and last year we opened our first office in the UK.
Our home in Holborn Circus is open, energetic and fast growing. Our bright, capable people bring their whole selves to work and have a passion for building our business as well as helping our clients.
We’re looking for a Customer Experience or Service Design Leader to join our team.
The Customer Experience leader will focus on delivering CX projects, building client relationships through their expertise and supporting new business efforts by both scoping and proposing new work. You get the opportunity to shape, drive and lead the team; helping to set the direction and drive forward the business. We’ll expect you to model our values & behaviours and develop junior members of the team both on and off client projects.
Our ideal candidate will have proven experience in:
• Leading CX and Service Design projects within complex organisations with the ability to balance the needs of the end user and the business.
• Projects across multiple areas of the customer lifecycle
• Projects of varied breadth - from research and insights, to strategy and implementation
• Projects of varied scope - from short strategic discovery projects to implementing CX as part of wider transformation initiatives
• Practical tools and techniques such as service blueprinting, journey mapping, process mapping, user stories and user research, experience measurement and metrics, voice of the customer
• Insights-led approach to designing experiences
• Building, leading and developing teams in thinking in a design led, customer focused way
• Successful business development specifically in crafting proposals and pitching to clients
• Establishing immediate credibility with c-suite clients to build consensus and achieve goals through influence
You’ll get an opportunity to:
Qualifications and Skills - Basics
• Manage cross-functional project teams (strategy, insights, design, technology) and partners to deliver top quality strategic and creative outputs.
• From design research to envisioning, designing and implementing concepts, infuse empathy, creativity and strategy to ideate and innovate while supporting the client in their business goals.
• Partner with clients to uncover business needs and objectives, craft appropriate strategies and solutions, and identify/implement and successfully manage the execution of the plan.
• Be a thought leader regarding the latest business, digital and technology trends and innovations, and contribute to ongoing thought leadership and perspective
• Inspire and engage the Experience Design team at Sparks Grove and help drive the formal development of the customer experience / service design practice, including developing global perspective with our US counterparts. You will help challenge and develop our people doing this work including bringing experience and understanding around tools, methodologies and thinking that inspires an innovative approach.
• Work with other leaders and stakeholders across Sparks Grove and North Highland to continuously identify opportunities where experience design as a discipline can add value to clients.
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent experience
• Management consulting, agency environment or a CX role within industry with a record of being able to successfully manage large and complex projects
• SME or content expertise in designing and delivering customer experience or service design projects
• Ability to establish immediate credibility with senior executives and within the company with the skills to build consensus and achieve goals through influence
• Strong project management skills to include planning, prioritising and organisational skills are required
• Positive attitude, excellent communications skills and the ability to act on own initiative with a strong commitment to client service
• Strong presentation development and storytelling skills
Qualifications and Skills - Bonus
This job is for you if:
• External accreditation or recognition via recognised professional bodies
• Experience in creating expert solutions and methodologies in existing and new client accounts
• Creative and design thinking and seeking innovative solutions to complex technical/business problems
• An established voice in the market with the ability to engage and inspire a team and clients about trends, and from our point of view
And yes. We are fussy about who joins our team. Thanks for noticing. It’s a cliché, but our people are our biggest asset. We work hard to find the right ones.
You want to learn fast. You’ve got an unquenchable thirst for knowledge and the drive to go out and get it. By the way, learning fast means failing fast too. That’s OK. It’s how we progress.
You like variety. You're curious, thrive off the unknown and get bored doing the same thing for too long.
You’ve got the skills. You may or may not have a “traditional” background, but you've got an eye for quality, and a deep understanding of the customer, and can articulate how to design a great experience.
You get stuck in. You want to get in at the ground floor of a small, vibrant business and put your own stamp on it. Helping to shape the culture, traditions and client base, build the place where you want to work.
You’re a great communicator. You can explain things in a simple, meaningful, compelling way.
You’re creative. You’re flexible and open-minded, and love coming up with new and exciting ways to solve problems.
Like the sound of this? Let’s talk!
Sparks Grove is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.