OWN YOUR LIFE
OWN YOUR CAREER
OWN YOUR FIRM
Sparks Grove is an experience design firm and a division of management consulting firm North Highland. We help our clients design and build experiences that solve business challenges. We believe every business challenge is ultimately a human one. And that a great experience, one that simply connects to a person’s reason, emotion, and purpose, will reward a smart brand. We root our experiences in sound strategy and insights. We design them to be beautiful and inspiring. We execute them across digital, environmental, transactional, and communication platforms.
Our firm is staffed with an intentional diversity – of people, experiences, and roles. We collaborate and iterate against big problems with creative thinking, planning, and execution. We work with our clients, not for them. We are here for their long-term benefit.
We want this to be an engaging, challenging, and rewarding place to grow in your career. We are all responsible to each other to make it so.
This is not a cookie cutter role. We need you to be a leader and a team player, collaborating with strategy, user experience, creative and technology folks and – most importantly – our clients, to create some amazing work. You’ll work across all mediums. Every day is different and you’ll have to get comfortable with being slightly uncomfortable.
The Customer Experience (CX) Director will focus on developing new business, managing the client relationship at the executive levels, and providing direction and oversight to project teams. The Director will also be responsible for building, retaining and growing a Customer Experience team. The Director will also be responsible for scoping and proposing work.
In this exciting role, you will:
- Work with other leaders and stakeholders of the firm to continuously identify spaces where CX as a discipline can add value to clients, and help scope CX initiatives, projects, and deliverables
- Partner with clients to uncover business needs and objectives, craft appropriate strategies, and identify/implement and successfully manage the execution of the plan
- Work with other leaders and stakeholders of the firm to grow our Customer Experience capabilities and help grow client relationships
- Gather and analyze customer and stakeholder feedback to develop insights and strategic recommendations
- Identify key opportunities/leverage points for improving our client’s customer experience and building customer loyalty
- Design, lead and interpret market insights, both through qualitative and quantitative approaches (turning “data” into actionable insights)
- Be a thought leader regarding the latest business, digital and technology trends and innovations and contribute to ongoing thought leadership and perspective
- Plan and lead the execution of customer experience (CX) strategies to drive client business growth
- Analyze CX processes and operations to identify opportunities for improving effectiveness, including defining organizational structure and processes
- Lead and mentor cross-functional team members to successfully manage initiatives to achieve desired outcomes. This will include, but is not limited to ensuring all key levers, business indicators and risks are identified and all contingencies are put in place to address the situations as they arise throughout the project life cycle.
- Formally manage others as a Career Coach/Counselling Manager
- 10+ years of professional experience including managerial roles
- 5+ years of professional experience in Digital Marketing at an established agency, management consulting firm and/or hands-on industry experience
- Applied experience in CX and/or service design with a design thinking background a mandatory
- Strong core consulting skills, including: ability to craft compelling and actionable strategies, meeting and workshop development and management, storytelling and deck writing, stakeholder interviewing and relationship development, insights development and data analysis
- Proven expertise in one or more of the following domains: VoC, customer insight and understanding, customer experience strategy, customer experience design, improvement and innovation, customer experience measurement, metrics and ROI.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Business Development experience in both organic growth and new business
- Travel of approximately 50%
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university, but MBA preferred
The Important Details
- Advanced degree (MBA, MA, etc.) highly preferred
- Practice development and strong leadership skills
- Strong client development and an active professional network of contacts in the Customer Experience market
- Strong project management methodology background, including schedule, scope, issue and risk management experience, change management, strategic planning and analysis
- Positive attitude, excellent customer communications skills and the ability to act on own initiative with a strong commitment to customer service
Sparks Grove is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.