CELEBRATE YOUR PERSONALITY AND TEAM SPIRIT.
GROW THROUGH YOUR CHOICES.
MAKE YOUR MARK.
Sparks Grove has a mantra: Unleash Potential Together. For our clients, it means we challenge thinking and build capabilities, so that after each engagement, they are left stronger and inspired to do more. With our colleagues, it means fostering an environment where bringing, shaping, growing and sharing ideas isn’t just encouraged—it’s expected. And within our communities, it means we give of our skills, time and passion to make them more prosperous.
The Experience Design (XD) Strategy Manager will focus on managing delivery projects, building client relationships through their expertise and supporting new business efforts by both scoping and proposing new work. The Manager will also be responsible for helping grow the experience strategy practice through thought capital and methodology development.
In this exciting role, you will:
- Lead and/or support experience design engagements across a range of industries, user types (customers, employees, etc.) and project types for Fortune 500 clients to drive client business growth/value
- Manage cross-functional project teams (strategy, insights, design, technology) and partners to deliver top quality strategic and creative outputs
- From design research to envisioning, designing and implementing concepts, infuse empathy, creativity and strategy to ideate and innovate across touchpoints while supporting business goals
- Work with other leaders and stakeholders of the firm to continuously identify spaces where experience design as a discipline can add value to clients, and help scope related initiatives, projects and deliverables
- Partner with clients to uncover business needs and objectives, craft appropriate strategies and solutions, and identify/implement and successfully manage the execution of the plan
- Work with other leaders and stakeholders of the firm to grow our experience strategy and design capabilities and help grow client relationships
- Be a thought leader regarding the latest business, digital and technology trends and innovations, and contribute to ongoing thought leadership and perspective
- Contribute to the formal development of experience design practice tools, methodologies and applications, and inspire innovative approaches and techniques
- Collaborate with senior leadership on project design and proposal development
- Assume responsibility for all aspects of the project life cycle as needed including: project proposals and business cases; charters, plans, resourcing, and budgets; financial reporting, status reports; issue management and risk mitigation; communication plans; delivery and project close out
- 5+ years of professional experience including managerial roles
- 2+ years of professional experience in experience design at an established agency, management consulting firm and/or hands-on industry experience
- Applied experience in experience design and/or service/product design with a design thinking background a mandatory
- Core consulting skills, including some combination of the following: ability to craft compelling and actionable strategies, meeting and workshop development, management and facilitation, storytelling, writing and presentation development, ideation and concept development, stakeholder interviewing and relationship development, insights development and data analysis
- Proven expertise in some combination of the following domains: VoC, customer or employee insight and understanding, design research, experience strategy, experience design, innovation and implementation, experience design measurement, metrics and ROI, humanizing organizations
- Excellent creative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Travel up to approximately 50%
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university, but related Masters preferred
- Advanced degree (MBA, MA, MFA, etc.) highly preferred
- Positive attitude, excellent client communications skills and the ability to act on own initiative with a strong commitment to client service
- A demonstrated ability to partner, collaborate with and lead a diverse range of resources and personalities with distinct perspectives
- Ability to connect with others at a deep level, harness insights and translate into human centered and engaging solutions
- Strong critical thinking and creative skills with a passion for ambiguity and complex problem solving and translating vague information into tangible results
- Strong strategic aptitude, with an expertise in several core industries or strategic disciplines
- A passion for innovation, design and technology
- Strong presentation development and storytelling skills
- Experience with concepting, ideation and iterative prototyping
- Strong project management skills to include planning, prioritizing and organizational skills are required
- Expert knowledge/understanding of experience design methodologies and techniques and how these are applied to make business decisions
- A demonstrated ability to partner with clients to uncover business needs and objectives, craft appropriate strategies/solutions and identify/implement efforts to help achieve client goals
- Business development experience in both organic growth and new business
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic work environment
Sparks Grove is an Experience Design agency. As a division of global consulting firm North Highland, we apply design thinking to plan, make, and execute human experiences that cultivate growth for clients. We use insight, foresight, strategy, design, and development to transform businesses to more human-centered, purpose-driven organizations.
If you’re interested in learning more about our approach to experience strategy & design, or how Sparks Grove can help you solve a pressing business challenge, please visit us as www.sparksgrove.com or contact us at: + 1 404-961-9900.
North Highland is a global management consulting firm known for helping clients solve their most complex challenges related to customer experience, performance improvement, technology and digital, and transformation. We add value and support our clients across the full spectrum of consulting, from strategy through delivery. We bring the big ideas, then we make them real. North Highland is an employee-owned firm, headquartered in Atlanta, GA, with more than 3,000 consultants worldwide and 60+ offices around the globe. The firm is a member of Cordence Worldwide (www.cordenceworldwide.com), a global management consulting alliance. For more information, visit northhighland.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
North Highland is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.