|Senior Consultant - Customer Experience / Service Design|
|Senior Consultant - Customer Experience / Service Design
CELEBRATE YOUR PERSONALITY AND TEAM SPIRIT.
GROW THROUGH YOUR CHOICES.
MAKE YOUR MARK.
Sparks Grove is an experience design firm and a division of management consulting firm North Highland. We help businesses with their challenges, by creating experiences that matter and building things people love to use. We could be working anywhere from a huge corporate IT department, to the head of marketing at a startup, doing anything from designing a new customer journey to building a new website.
Sparks Grove is well established in the US, and last year we opened our first office in the UK.
Our home in Holborn Circus is open, energetic and fast growing. Our bright, capable people bring their whole selves to work and have a passion for building our business as well as helping our clients.
We’re looking for a Customer Experience Senior Consultant / Service Designer
The Customer Experience Designer will focus on leading CX projects, evolving methods and approaches to delivery and supporting new business efforts through scoping and proposing new work. You get the opportunity to shape and lead small teams through client challenges; from researching and designing around broken experiences, through to exploring brand new experience propositions.
Our ideal candidate will have proven experience in:
• Planning and leading CX/Service Design work streams and small teams within a variety of industries and organisations, with the ability to balance the needs of end users and the business
• Projects across varied industries and subsequent journey stages - from joining experiences, renewals experiences, through to termination experiences. You balance this with an understanding of end-to-end customer lifecycles
• Projects of varied breadth - from research and insights, to strategy and implementation. You have experience in a range of projects impacting customers
• Projects of varied scope - from big picture customer visioning briefs through to detailed service design. You have experience in not only designing for customers, but have a good grasp on the things behind the scenes necessary to make experiences stick
• Practical tools and techniques such as service blueprinting, journey mapping, process mapping, user stories and user research, experience measurement and metrics, voice of the customer
• Different research approaches including both qualitative and quantitative, attitudinal and behavioural, and associated methods including; interviews, ethnography, user testing, surveys
• Flexing how projects are shaped and delivered within different frameworks according to clients needs, adapting tools, methods and approaches accordingly
• Basic agile project management, working iteratively, engaging with users throughout, delivering in in short sprints as well as familiar with associated agile behaviours
• Coaching junior team members in thinking in a design led, customer focused way, both internally and externally
• Assuring quality completion of deliverables and outputs, in line with set goals and objectives
• Supporting business development activities, specifically in contributing to/co-ordinating proposals and pitching to clients
• Establishing immediate credibility with clients and maintaining ongoing professional relationships
Qualifications and Skills - Basics
• Management consulting, advisory, professional services, big 4 consulting experience and/or specialist experience design agency experienceQualifications and Skills - Bonus
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience
• Expertise in specific areas of CX/Service Design e.g. Research, Insights, Blueprinting
• Strong project management skills to include planning, prioritising and organisational skills are required
• Positive attitude, excellent communications skills and the ability to act on own initiative with a strong commitment to client service
• Strong presentation development and storytelling skills
• External accreditation or recognition via recognised professional bodies
• Creative and design thinking and seeking innovative solutions to complex technical/business problems
This job is for you if:
You want to learn fast. You’ve got an unquenchable thirst for knowledge and the drive to go out and get it. By the way, learning fast means failing fast too. That’s OK. It’s how we progress.
You like variety. You're curious, thrive off the unknown and get bored doing the same thing for too long.
You’ve got the skills. You may or may not have a “traditional” background, but you've got an eye for quality, and a deep understanding of the customer, and can articulate how to design a great experience.
You get stuck in. You want to get in at the ground floor of a small, vibrant business and put your own stamp on it. Helping to shape the culture, traditions and client base, build the place where you want to work.
You’re a great communicator. You can explain things in a simple, meaningful, compelling way.
You’re creative. You’re flexible and open-minded, and love coming up with new and exciting ways to solve problems.
And yes. We are fussy about who joins our team. Thanks for noticing. It’s a cliché, but our people are our biggest asset. We work hard to find the right ones.
Like the sound of this? Let’s talk!
Sparks Grove is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.