|Manager - Product
OWN YOUR LIFE
OWN YOUR CAREER
OWN YOUR FIRM
Sparks Grove is an experience design firm and a division of management consulting firm North Highland. We help our clients design and build experiences that solve business challenges. We believe every business challenge is ultimately a human one. And that a great experience, one that simply connects to a person’s reason, emotion, and purpose, will reward a smart brand. We root our experiences in sound strategy and insights. We design them to be beautiful and inspiring. We execute them across digital, environmental, transactional, and communication platforms.
Sparks Grove is well established in the US, and we’ve just opened our first office in the UK.
Our London office is open, energetic and fast growing. Based in the heart of Holborn Circus, our high calibre people genuinely enjoy working here and have a passion for building our business as well as helping our clients.
Our firm is staffed with an intentional diversity – of people, experiences, and roles. We collaborate and iterate against big problems with creative thinking, planning, and execution. We work with our clients, not for them. We are here for their long-term benefit.
Role Objective: To build best practice, customer-centric, data driven, continuously improved digital product propositions. To build the bridge between the traditional consulting business and the benefits to a product-mindset when approaching consulting projects. To work closely with a development team (either our partner firms or network of trusted affiliates) including UX/UI to create end-to-end experiences that meet our target persona’s needs and generate benefit for the proposition in question; either Sparks Grove incubated or on behalf of clients.
The Manager role will fill a ‘Head of Product’ (for larger, leveraged teams of 7+) or Product Manager for smaller more rapid proof of concepts.
You are the type of person who gets excited about building great product businesses, great teams and the impact they have for our clients. This is an opportunity to be one of the founding team members of a new and fast growing team that is helping to create new ways of working within Sparks Grove; transforming clients from a project to product mindset and building differenting products along the way.
To lead by example and champion new ways of working at Sparks Grove and our Clients
- Be our product evangelist and champion for our suite of in-house products (two live with a third in development) and corresponding roadmaps.
Business Development mindset and either a strong pre-existing network or ability to build one working with our account teams
- Coach colleagues in the rest of the business to tackle consulting projects with clients that are adjusting to deliver in a digital environment; leading with a project to product mindset and what it takes to deliver in this way.
- Influence and champion a best practice approach to digital product development utilising common methodologies (evidence, data, UX, customer centricity).
- Identify new opportunities to build products on behalf of clients or to commercialise our product suite.
- Comfortable in a day to day product build role and a more strategic product strategy/advisory role (i.e. advising other clients on what products to build, with what features)
- Capable of working alongside our account teams to identify opportunities for product consulting work.
- Prepare and deliver pitches based on an understanding of a client’s problem, our capability and wider industry trends.
Managing and working closely with design/UX function
- Fluent in agile methodology and scrum product owner certified.
- Create detailed prioritised product feature descriptions and delivery plans for internal/client products, and feed this into appropriate planning, budgeting and governance approaches.
- Ensuring roadmaps are prioritised in line with delivering organisational objectives and proposition priorities, constantly looking for synergies between the different products and key dependencies.
- Working with the client, the development team (either our trusted partner of network of affiliates) and UX capability to evaluate user testing and validate a prototype/beta/deployed solutions and ensuring the build outputs match the design inputs.
- Managing stakeholder input into the product roadmap – ensuring all key stakeholder groups have been consulted on any proposed changes and communicating the product roadmap to the business.
- Supervising product deployments and acting as Product sign-off.
- Communicating to the business on success or issues encountered.
Continuous improvement / Data centric mindset
- Utilising appropriate capabilities and resources to help define and communicate the digital product. These may include user journeys, prototypes, wireframes, personas.
- Interpreting user research in conjunction with UX to identify needs in order to make recommendations that alter design to better meet them.
- Engaging with our creative communications team to ensure that developed apps have high level of engagement and adoption in the run up to launch
- Be the conduit from the customer to our design and development teams to act on product feedback and analytics data, through making functional or visual changes.
- Working with stakeholders and reporting to senior management to keep them appraised of product performance (based on data and metrics) and on-going development opportunities
- Establishing the key success criteria to form a product dashboard that monitors product /feature performance in business and user engagement terms.
- Forensically analysing and interpreting the performance data against key competitors and monitoring progress against relevant KPIs to identify product improvements across the product suite.
- Management consulting, strategy, professional services and/or consulting experience
- Experience of working in a start-up environment (doesn’t matter if you’re been in one and its failed).
- Thought leadership space whether formal or informal (personal or professional blog focussing on design/product/innovation, influencer on social media)
Nice to have
- Experience working as a product owner or manager in an agile environment
- Experience working alongside app/website builds.
- Digital Consultancy (Deloitte Digital, Accenture Interactive), Digital agency (DigitasLBi, Sapient, AKQA etc), or Management Consultancy experience working on digital projects.
- A passion for building products and leaving a legacy, not a creator of PowerPoints or shelf-ware.
- Experience of partnering effectively with in house or 3rd part development teams or digital resource (UX/Design etc)
- Technically savvy; i.e. able to work alongside development teams to support and keep them honest.
Sparks Grove is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status